Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Leaving comments

I am leaving for the airport in a few hours. I feel so many intense feelings right now because our group has met with so many amazing groups and incredible people. Right now I am at a hotel where Kara and I had tea with a woman working on a documentary here. Her name is Julia and she was involved in writing and editing the recent documentary "Control Room." I feel so priviledged to have met some many amazing Palestinians as well as the many peace activists from Palestine, Israel, and internationals.

I am going to to write more reflections in the upcoming few days while I spend time in the UK visiting a friend in Manchester. I hope that my time in London and Manchester will serve as a good buffer before coming back to the U.S. Right now I am trying to focus on what it is that we need to do in the U.S. to change the situation here.

Kara and I are going to grab some lunch and run a few errands before I head to the airport. Here is to hoping that none of my pictures, books, or anything else gets confiscated at the airport.

Pax,

shelley

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope so as well. But wow, I can't believe time went so fast. I'm glad you did this trip and that it's been an amazingly productive one. It seems like a good moment to reflect and write, to pour out everyhting you lived and learned. Have a safe flight and a wonderful time in Manchester. Say hi to Sonia. We'll be thinking about you. Con amor, G

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home